Infomercial by Timekettle: The opinions expressed in this story may not reflect the positions of PhoneArena!
In today’s world, we find ourselves in situations where we have to speak a foreign language more and more often. It could be a new business partner, a new exchange student acquaintance, or just us traveling abroad to many different countries. We can’t speak all languages, can we?
Virtual translators on our smartphones have somehow made communicating in these situations easier, but Timekettle focuses on products that specifically make it easy and effortless to communicate without any language barriers.
What we have here are the Timekettle M2 headphones. You’ll notice they come in a curious case that splits in two. In fact, depending on how you choose to use the M2 earphones, you can share one with another person, making multilingual conversation much easier.
So how exactly can we use the Timekettle M2?
- Like normal headphones – enjoy music, take phone calls, activate your phone’s voice assistant
- Translate by phone – one user speaks through the headphones, the other – through the paired phone
- Continuous translation – leave your phone next to a speaker and get continuous translation of their words (similar to lectures)
- Share earphones – users are each given an earphone, speak into the earphones to transmit translated speech to the other partner
- Learn a language – get a head start with a few common phrases to make it easy on the go
Timekettle takes translation to the next level using AI and an always-online mode – you have access to 40 different languages and 93 accents for fast and accurate translation. Don’t worry, if you can’t ensure a constant internet connection, you can also prepare for your trip by activating the offline mode and downloading the basic language data you will need. When it comes to simply enjoying your music, the Timekettle M2 uses Qualcomm aptX for enhanced Bluetooth audio, so the headphones can double as everyday drivers. The headphones can last for 6 hours on their own and up to 30 hours of total use with the charging case.
To ensure comfort and fit, the Timekettle M2s are a non-in-ear design – just regular headphones. However, those who prefer an in-ear fit can take a look at the Timekettle WT2.
The Learnywhere feature makes it easy to improve certain phrases, wherever you are – waiting at the airport, relaxing in the dorm or just walking your daily commute, you can always save learning time.
The Timekettle M2 will set you back $129, but if you decide to get the online-only version (no offline translation), they go down to $99 instead. Check them out below and never be limited by language barriers again!